« Home | A tribute to myself! » | i see stupid people! » | Don't Live Your Life a Cripple! » | Don't imagine too hard! » | one day in bishan » | Yeah. » | Sorry. » | in the bliss of love. » | the trouble with love is... » | a father's love... » 

Saturday, March 05, 2005 

Random ramblings from a madman.

You can tell I'm speaking the truth when I said I'm too lazy to think of an appropriate title to my blogposts nowadays. But believe me or not, that 5 word title took me almost 3 minutes to conceive of in my mind.

First I'll start off by saying that I'm sick of whining of how sick I am of camp and of my life in army general. Lately I've be launching into rather dreary emotional tirades caused by all my pent up frustration.

Anyway the whole recent affairs with the Oscars and Grammys have kept me on my toes. I'm really glad about some results. Those Oscar and Grammy goons often get it wrong, but for once this year I felt more joy than outrage over the outcome of the awards.

Of them all, I was ecstatic that Jamie Foxx won the Best Actor Award for his sterling turn as Ray Charles Robinson in Ray. I was secretly telling myself, if he didn't win this award this time around, I'd start a hate site for the Oscar Academy. And if he lost to the rather undeserving Leonardo DiCaprio for his turn in The Aviator, I'd personally see to the heist of Leo's Oscar medal to the style of Ocean's 11. Deserving Jamie Foxx!

I was pretty neutral about Hilary Swank and Clint Eastwood's wins, mainly because I haven't watched the movie Million Dollar Baby yet, but still I do think they're really talented people and are deserving of their win. I kinda expected Hilary Swank to win Best Actress, although I was secretly hoping that Kate Winslet would win it for her extremely understated but exceedingly raw and brutally honest performance in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

I was suitably thrilled when Charlie Kaufman, Michel Gondry and one more guy won the Best Original Screenplay for Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. That movie has to be one of my top 3 favourite movies ever. Ever.

Grammys:

The late Ray Charles won record of the year and album of the year! After watching Ray, I really thought he was mammothly talented. The record of the year with Norah Jones was a lil dull and boring to me, but I do think he deserves Best Album!

John Mayer won best song for 'Daughters' and I'm glad coz I got his album a really really long time ago. Which proves my taste is good! *heh* I'm certainly no art snob though. He also won best Male Pop vocal performance for that same song. Argh. That one should have went to Prince.

Ray Charles won so many awards I feel a little overwhelmed. Oh well. Singers always become bigger when they're dead. Look at Elvis!

About The Blog

Listed!

  • globe_blogs
  • Blogwise - blog directory
  • Blogarama - The Blogs Directory

Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates