« Home | one day in bishan » | Yeah. » | Sorry. » | in the bliss of love. » | the trouble with love is... » | a father's love... » | of foolishness » | 'it is not fair..right(s)?' » | Of brothers and blogs. » | fundraising: its rhymes with hell-raising » 

Sunday, February 20, 2005 

Don't imagine too hard!

Yesterday was my first meeting with my multiplied cell group. It was a good time of listening to the preaching of the word, as well as great time of fellowship and worship. After the meeting, we hung out at our friend's ( Lynn's) place, and engaged in our normal fellowship and conversations. Very soon, our conversation skewed to a rather weird topic: gays and trans.

I don't have anything against gays and trans, except sometimes their habits and antics make me a little uneasy, but I know a few gays and lesbians too and most of them are great people. Anyway to reinforce my point, I wasn't the one making jokes about them, I was the one being teased! My friends used to jest around and say that my friend Dale and I look like brothers.

Then yesterday, I did something weird. ( ya, even I think it's a little bit weird moiself. heh.) On the sofa at Lynn's place, I was in full slack mode. I wanted to lie down on the couch and just slack, but Dale was actually beside me and I kinda rested my head on his legs. Heh. Immediately he commented that's kinda gay which goes to prove that he's normal (phew! haha) because recently he has a sudden inclination towards his more... uh hem... *feminine* side. Haha. For eg. his hand gestures, though to me it isn't really feminine looking, it's actually kinda cute. (oh crap. I ain't supposed to say another guy's actions are cute right?) Also, he has taken a major liking towards physical beauty, and recently considered going for a manicure. Haha.

After that, he jokingly asked me. "Are you gay?"

Joking replied. " Yes I am."

Dale, bursting out in mock disgust. " Eh, Raymond just admitted that he's gay!"

*Eyes of the other members turning towards me in mock horror*

"No I'm not! I'm just kidding!"

Dale: "No he just admitted to me that he is!"

So from there on I became the butt of their jokes, not that I mind because I feel so comfortable around my cell group members. Of course they know I'm normal, ( speaking of which the girl I like from my church is like... sigh... is really impossible to attain, just gotta move on .. some people will know whom I'm talking about. :D)

The discussion soon got more and more weird. Later it proceeded on to the point when I was asking if there was any eunuchs in the New Testament. I soon popped a really uncanny question to my leader. Knowing being a transsexual or transvestite is definitely not in the will of God, I was a little concerned about the topic. So I asked my leader, if a transsexual can receive healing from God and let his/her "thing" grow back, so that he/she can be back to his/her original sex.

Needless to say, everyone was tongue-tied when they heard my question. Eyes wide open in shock and mock horror and people gazing speechlessly at me. I definitely expected the reaction from them, but I'm still curious about the answer! Can u imagine their "thing" ( their lower body anatomy) being restored?

But as Sy Rogers puts it, please don't imagine too hard.

About The Blog

Listed!

  • globe_blogs
  • Blogwise - blog directory
  • Blogarama - The Blogs Directory

Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates