« Home | Smokin' Pissed » | To Live is an overrated concept » | Look, Christians are not boring » | admin: comments available » | Crushing defeat » | Cold Turkey » | Mourning to the Morning » | Fashion Sense » | And The Reds go marching on » | My blog isn't Infantile, it's just juvenile. » 

Monday, May 30, 2005 

Seeing Stars -- what's up with Star Wars mania?

And so it began, with the Republic and the droids locked in a gruesome battle with one another. Their vendetta stemmed from petty differences and the droids' lust for power, and their fued dragged on for a long time. The massacre was great. A great loss of life was incurred on the side of the Republic. Things were looking bleak for them, who were losing power rapidly, and at the same time wrestling with many internal problems. But so legend goes, whenever crisis arises, a young hero will always rise up to the occasion. And so, a young, charming, valiant jedi came along. Having a talent so great it incites jealousy among the hearts of all, and with such striking and dashing looks it captured the awe of all.....

He was.....














Hippie Drunkie Yoda!

From the way I'm jesting, you can probably construe that I am not a Star Wars fan. Well, you're right. I occasionally cringe with disgust when people fondly mention Yoda, Anakin, Luke or even those frigging Chewbaccas with such glee. In fact, I got so sick of all the bullshit hype going on about this last installment of the prequel taht I decided to actually watch the damn show myself. And oh, I had a ball of a time there, I tell ya.

I loved the uber-cool fight scenes and the cool computer graphics. In fact, those immaculately designed and animated spaceship will cause any tech-crazy guy to be on Cloud 9. I call that a visual orgasm. Damn impressive graphics.

But what was even more fun for me to do during the show was to observe teh terrible acting and abysmal quality fo the dialogue.

Hayden Christenson, a damn good actor he is. Give my hats off to Hayden Christenson, I want to. ( I'm channelling some Yoda talk here.) When he is not flashing his pecs, ( which weren't really THAT impressive) he was busy looking all hot and bothered and confused. And oh, let's not forget, swinging a little silly lightstick around.

In fact, he was such a great actor, you could see all the intensity in the various facial expressions he dons. Oh wait, I mean, facial expression. Without the S. Because in the show, he has a grand total of.... ONE facial expression. Bravo Bravo.


Stupid broody look


Oh my gosh, you know what girls? I suck so much at acting that I have to do this intense eye thing to keep your eyes peeled onto me and your brains hidden away on the other corner of the planet. That's the only way you won't notice how much my acting sucks.



Hey girls, check out my intense macho guy look. Don't you girls just love my frown? Oh man, I'm so gonna get laid after they fall for my dark broody, intense guy character. Acting is a pretty easy job! A few frowns here and there and now I'm a star!


Wah seh, even better, I frown abit and I already look so evil! I am a damn good actor man. Of course, computer effects do help!

You see? The only look he has in the show is the brooding, confused, troubled look. Heck, my grandmother can act better than him. I swear he'd even make Keanu Reeves look Oscar-worhty.

Wonderful acting *pukes*

Although I may generally detest Star Wars, like Yoda a little, I do. A good fighter, he is. But so damn annoying it is, the way he talks. But I love Yoda so much because a certain picture reminded me of a way cooler famous movie/book character.




Classic Moments of Star Wars3: Epitomes of Cliched movie scenes
1) Anakin, staring at Padme.
Anakin: You're so.... beautiful.

Please call the mental institution to come quick! The scriptwriter has gone whacko! What kind of scriptwriter writes that?! EVen a primary school kid could come up with that.

2) Anakin, after chopping off Mace Windu's arm and causing him to be killed by Darth Sidious
Anakin: What have I done?!!!!

What have you done? You just read out a horribly dumb, cliched line written by the worst script writer I've ever seen.

3) Anakin (or Darth Vader), on realizing that Padme was dead
Darth Vader: " Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!"

Yes, sorry, you signed that contract Mr Hayden Christenson, so you have to act out that very stupid scene even though you vehemently protest. Yes, I can feel your pain when you shouted that Nooooooooo out. Fortunately for you, that was your best scene.

Seriously, the great graphics and fight scenes, but terrible dialogue which just about ruins about the whole show. I just wish people can stop listening to all the shit about how Star Wars is so amazing, in the process being psycho-ed to believe so, but instead start judging the quality of the show for themselves. I rather watch an episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer anytime rather than Star Wars. But hell, George Lucas is already one freaking rich fool, regardless of how hard I slam the abysmal movie.

Maybe the force is indeed with him.

About The Blog

Listed!

  • globe_blogs
  • Blogwise - blog directory
  • Blogarama - The Blogs Directory

Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates