« Home | fundraising: its rhymes with hell-raising » | 1 week of absence. » | reality and television » | Love-Hate Affair » | Don't you ever wonder... » | overprotective over muah chee » | love, degraded. » | I so pathetic socially. » | we interrupt your life... » | Please excuse me as... » 

Tuesday, February 01, 2005 

Of brothers and blogs.

My twin brother has been reading my blog all this while. Well, yesterday he was openly reading it and I found out about it. Of course, it's not like the crime of the century, but still I was pretty much pissed with it. I wasn't pissed AT my brother, I was just pissed that he was reading it. There's pretty much no reason for me to get mad at my bro, coz we're close, and also I didn't put a "Do Not Disturb" sign on my blog to warn people I know from staying awhile from my blog.

I feel violated. Aiite, too strong a word. I feel a little insecure now knowing that my brother has full access to everything I say here, especially when some of these stuff can be so personal. We're definitely close, but I guess being twin brothers and having such different personalities, we have pretty much led our own lives throughout our adolescence. We know some common friends, but we mostly have our own group of friends. We do have some common interests, but our tastes when it comes to many things are just really different. A couple of years back, when he was all into bands like Lifehouse, and Linkin Park, I was still in the whole pop scene. I guess not conforming and being true to yourself, being different, was one of those things that ranked high in our priority list back then. But its weird when we actually expressed it in such different ways. He, deciding to get into the alternative/rock scene, believing that it appeals to the cooler people because bands like Lifehouse back then were high in street-cred and low in mass appeal. For me, believing that I shouldn't conform to such 'non-conformist' ideals, because it would just make me another conformist, and deciding to be true to myself and like what I can relate to, whcih is pop music.

Anyway, sorry for digressing, but my main point is that both of us pretty much are very different people. In fact, so different, I would say we being twins is just a biological coincidence. Being different does not make us unable to get along, in fact I have to reiterate that we're really close. But we really do have bi-polar perspectives of so many things in the world. He believes religion is for weak people. I believe Christianity is not just a "religion" but a relationship with God, and that following God takes more strength than not believing in Him simply because of all the animosity you get from the world for believing in Him. ( Yeah that's right, in my Christian-infancy stages, I was treated like an abomination by my family, but that gradually got better until they accepted it.)

Our differences in the way we think, our perspectives of the world, our perceptions of the world, our beliefs, our values, are basically antithetical. So that makes me jittery to know that he is reading this because I am going to be judged by one more person, even if that is my brother. But then again, isn't that an unavoidable part of blogging? We're going to get judged by others who don't know us. The Blogosphere is pretty much like the mundane world we live in right? All the judgments and crap you get from people. Talk about disengaging emotionally from the world/ escaping from the drudgery of everyday life, by indulging in the joys of the virtual world.
As I write this post, I know Roy, you are going to read this post sooner or later. Don't take this personally. Just please stop reading my blog. I can't afford to have someone living in such close proximity of me knowing so much about me, even if it is my brother.

-------And now, onto something totally different----------


Welcome Mun Loon, to My Daily Bread! Marilyn and I are proud to have you as our special guest blogger here. Our readers would be blessed to be able to read your posts! :D

About The Blog

Listed!

  • globe_blogs
  • Blogwise - blog directory
  • Blogarama - The Blogs Directory

Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates