« Home | Heroes » | Seeing Stars -- what's up with Star Wars mania? » | Smokin' Pissed » | To Live is an overrated concept » | Look, Christians are not boring » | admin: comments available » | Crushing defeat » | Cold Turkey » | Mourning to the Morning » | Fashion Sense » 

Friday, June 03, 2005 

How it is to lose

Yesterday during a game of billiards with my friends, I realized something.

Losing sucks.

Yes, it may sound cliched, and a little too unprofound to come across as a revelation to me, at my age, but suddenly I see losing in a whole new light.

It dawned upon me: it doesn't matter what people say about losing being inevitable in life, failures being the mother of success, and other inspirational/philosophical crap. Losing sucks. End of story.

I was getting my ass so badly whooped at not having a good game of billiards, and normally I could take it with a pinch of salt, considering... it was my second time playing billiards. I was still in the stage of initiation into the game, a total greenhorn. And yet, the feeling of losing seems to be like tasting poison -- bitter, and toxic.

****

I remember when I was 10, still in primary school. An overwhelming desire for recognition and fame was the driving force behind me joining a skipping competition. Yes! You've heard me right. I joined a bloody skipping competition when I was 10! Don't you judge me, I was only 10 then, and I didn't give a damn to self image. And besides, I was from an ultra nerdy primary school, so there were many guys who joined, not knowing how this competition would tarnish their reputation and effectively render them single for the rest of their primary school life.

After practising like hell for the competition, I still lost. Bloody hell, with all that practice I KNOW I should have won. But I didn't. And that sucks.

I remember in primary 6, I studied my ass off for my PSLE. I ended up with a decent score of 254, but landed up only in a mind-****ingly shitty secondary school of which I have more nightmares than fond memories. What was worse was the fact that I put in more effort into my studies than my brother but ended up in a worse school.That sucked.

When Manchester United lost to Arsenal at the FA Cup recently, that sucked. Real bad. The defeat was like a pebble lodged within your throat, something you couldn't possibly swallow.

When Bo Bice lost to Carrie Underwood, I almost threw a lamb at the television screen. At the same time, I had to stifle myself from the barrage of expletives about to come out of my mouth, since there were many people around me.

This is a rather incoherent post, but I just had to put it down on my blog.

Losing sucks.

About The Blog

Listed!

  • globe_blogs
  • Blogwise - blog directory
  • Blogarama - The Blogs Directory

Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates