« Home | Something to celebrate about » | Friends. Solitude. Me. » | A Christian in Reflection » | The Four Meme » | Hellhole! » | I do not get angry easily but this makes my blood ... » | Still Alive » | When the New Year Didn't Seem So Great » | GRRRR » | Now We Wait the New Year » 

Sunday, February 05, 2006 

Smiley Faces

Why don't guys use the smiley face regularly in their blog? For me, I love using it, because I just can't help but... contain the joy that's in me. It's just a natural instinctive thing - to feel joy and express it.

let's see, several perceptions about the smiley faces:

1)only girls use it
2)only gays use it
3)only wimps use it

Ok, somehow i've gotten over the stigma of the smiley face and have started employing it such that it has become rampant in my blog and in my comments.

I find that it brightens my words up, and it brightens my blog up. I don't see why some guys seem so insecure such that they feel employing its use would but a dent in their masculinity. why ar?

ok for the 'tough' guys out there, a few pointers to help sway your opinions...

1) using the =D smiley face would make girls think you are cute. Even if they think you're acting cute, at least you get plus points for effort. :D

2) for the bloggers, using it in your posts make you seem friendly, and hence attract readers. (though yet to be proven true since I'm hardly a popular blogger still. heh)

3) smiling in real life uses less muscles than frowning. to type a smiley face would only require pressing 2 keys on the keyboard :D instead of 4 for all the **** **** expletives.

Ok that's all. bye!

:)

see, i use it too; in the comments section that is! somehow i find it more useful when having a direct "conversation" with another person, like what happens in some commenting.

as for the blog post itself, it's a personal quirk of mine that I try not to use it unless absolutely necessary and instead attempt to draw a sad or happy face using what's written instead.

but you're right - the appropriate use of a smiley can change the whole complexion of a blog, or even a cold and sullen person on the other side of the monitor, and often for the better.:)

mark my words: emoticons for blogger one day soon. whoop! xD

smiley faces are cool

I use it all the time too. But like Ball.of.Yarn said, I tend to use it more in the comments sections.

I use smileys quite often in my smses too.

:D nice and short post. was about to ask you to update.

change my link please. no longer at petisa. :DDD

I don't use it because I think it's stupid.

I like the smiley, too. =) Confused the heck out of my 79-year-old mother-in-law for the longest time. I think she thought I just wasn't a very good typist.

BoY: yes indeed. of course I wouldn't let my readers in for an overdose of saccharine smiley faces -- but the right amount would be nice. Too many may make me seem to sweet and mushy for them!

merv: whenwhen?! When that day comes, I promise I'll stay with blogger.com forever!

zenith: smileys in sms-es make us seem so much less malicious!

lyn: aiya, why don't you just log on and update my link urself? lol. u have access to this blog still ma.

sb: lol. Why why why?

twitty: :D

venith: lol that's funny!!

From the guy too lazy to log on-- Mr Moron

Post a Comment

About The Blog

Listed!

  • globe_blogs
  • Blogwise - blog directory
  • Blogarama - The Blogs Directory

Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates