« Home | Something weird happened. Perhaps I got so traumat... » | BEEZEE » | Idol days » | Struck by Cupid » | Titles are too troublesome to even spend time pond... » | Pro 16:32 " He who is slow to anger is better than... » | Blast from the past » | A taste of heaven » | Good at pool = increased sex appeal? » | Conversations With Old People » 

Sunday, April 10, 2005 

Musings

Occasionally, you meet up with these weird people who tend to make a fool of themselves without even realizing so.

Just today, after my water baptism, I was in a particularly exuberant mood, totally lifted off any burdens and just generally basking in the delight and joy and peace that often follows after being baptised.

Got on the church bus with my friends ( 3 girls and 4 guys), and we were all congregated at the back of the bus. My leader and another friend, both females, started laughing at 2 guys who were just beside us. Initially I didn't even realize that they were laughing at those guys, till much later on. Anyway, I only realized the reason why. The guy standing just beside my friend had his fly open. Naturally, the first instant response of my friends was to laugh. If you're a female and you see a male with his fly open, most of the time you either have 2 responses: either to cringe in disgust or to laugh in amusement. And if you're a guy and you see a girl with her fly open: Either you drool with delight or you ignore on purpose.

For me, I'd ignore it. Imagine telling a girl she has her fly open? Personally I think it's almost an impossibility, since I've never seen a girl with their flies open before. Somehow it seems more socially acceptable for females to tell males that they have their flies open. Still, guys being guys with all their pride and stuff, it is a rather Herculean task to actually muster up the courage ( for a girl) to actually approach a total stranger to inform him that he has his fly open. As such, my friends just laughed and stared at the poor guy non stop. Now no party is at fault. Sometimes flies do open up just by accident. All you need to do is just sit down sometimes and your fly opens! ( if you're wearing a tight pair of jeans). And my friends weren't at fault too, since it would have been terribly awkward for them to confront the poor chap to tell him his fly was open.

But the part that really peeved me was when we alighted the bus, and the friend of the Open-fly guy confronted my friend Dale, a totally innocent chap, and just launched into his psychotic I-want-to-slaughter-you-for -laughing-at-my-friend emotinal tirade and bursted out "Do you have a problem with us?"


Dale, still in a state of apparent shock, could only reply as any other ordinary person could.

"What?!!"

"NO, do you have a problem with us?" ( mildly psychotic gaze directed at me. And that line was directed to me again)

Like any other ordinary person, I could only, in my state of shock, reply,
"HUH?!! WHAT ATTITUDE PROBLEM?" ( my eyeballs widening to give him the you're-mad-what-did-I-do-to-you-you-crazy-guy look)

Also, I made it highly clear to him in my wide-eyed-look that I was clearly freaked out by his sudden outburst and did not show any hesitance to convey my doubts about his sanity.

That guy ( I'm trying not to insert any negative adjectives here because he's from my church after all.) proceeded on in his very agitated ( and to me, highly psychotic) tone : " My friend said your friends kept looking at him and kept laughing." That line also gave the impression that he was getting ready a chopper and all set to dice up my friends and I.

Anyway that line was directed to ME this time and not Dale. Which of course made me super pissed, because like HELLO! I didn't look at you and neither did I laugh at you. I didn't even know his fly was open. And for the sake of heaven, WHY WOULD I CARE IF YOUR FLY WAS OPEN. MY FLY WAS OPEN DOZENS OF TIMES TOO! I mean i identify with his embarassment and would defnitely just ignore it if I saw his fly open.

Then my cell group leader, the superwoman ( but also the one who caused the trouble! haha) stepped in to clarify all doubts.

"Oh actually your friend forgot to zip up his pants."

OH. MY. GOODNESS! It was just so funny man. At that point of time I' was still caught up in shock to really laugh, but that guy's expression IMMEDIATELY toned down and he just nudged his friend and said to him " You never zip up your pants la".

All right, I do feel bad for the poor chap because I have a hunch that he was a new friend coming to church. But as I said earlier, no one was at fault in this. Everything could have reached a far more amicable resolution should that open-fly guy's friend been a bit more cordial and polite in his confrontation.

Anyway those 2 turned as quiet as a door mouse and just walked briskly away from us, embarassment evident all over their faces.

Moral of the story: Always tell people if their fly is open. It will elicit 3 different reactions, so you have got to get ready for that.

1) He/she will blush in embarrassment and proceed to zip it up immediately.
2) He will look pissed but still zip it up anyway.
3) He will feel really like punching you, but he'll still zip it up anyway.

So in the end, he'll still zip it up!

Also, if you see a group of people looking and laughing at you, Either
1) you ignore it
2) you are thinking too much
3) or you confront them without knowing what the matter is and end up being more embarassed thean ever.

Then again, no mean comments about those 2 guys ok! I mean I really do feel bad for them.

About The Blog

Listed!

  • globe_blogs
  • Blogwise - blog directory
  • Blogarama - The Blogs Directory

Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates