« Home | Blogging Nausea » | TV is stale » | Queen of Comedy » | fresh off the dashboard... » | How it is to lose » | Heroes » | Seeing Stars -- what's up with Star Wars mania? » | Smokin' Pissed » | To Live is an overrated concept » | Look, Christians are not boring » 

Monday, June 13, 2005 

My Life's in Good Hands

I'm going for an operation tomorrow for my nose.

In case some of you think my fascination with the drama Nip/Tuck has caught up with me, let me assure you, the surgery is not for cosmetic purposes. Aesthetic concerns do not warrant a person going under the knife. Besides, I'm way too scared of the side effects and risks of an operation to ever want to attempt plastic surgery.

Speaking of which.

I'm a little nervous for the operation tomorrow. It doesn't matter how much the doctor assures you about the high percentage of success, or the sophisticated healthcare techology our hospital utilises nowadays, the facts remain -- there's always the risk of failure. I try to brush off negative thoughts on the possible failure of the operation, and - touch wood - even death, but as the date draws closer, those thoughts seem to hound my conscious mind so doggedly.

And then I pray.

*****

Funny how comforting it can be, especially in times like this, to know whose hands your life are in. It's just one re-assuring thought you get yourself to think, and suddenly the multitude of pessmistic thoughts, like a litany of short-term curses, are just washed away in a go. To know that your life's in good hands, to know Someone will not allow His work in me to go uncompleted.

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." Heb 11:1

I'll be ok tomorrow. Back to camp ( and blogging, and chatting, and TV) on Friday.

About The Blog

Listed!

  • globe_blogs
  • Blogwise - blog directory
  • Blogarama - The Blogs Directory

Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates