« Home | White-Wash » | Same old crap on the newspapers » | Blogi-der » | A New Beginning » | A New Beginning » | A School of Rock is much needed » | Blogosphere and The Real Life » | The Gentang* (Part 1) » | Yeah Baby! » | Tags » 

Wednesday, July 20, 2005 

Meme or youyou?

If you're an avid blog reader, it'll be normal for you to have stumbled upon the ubiquitous 'meme' word. If you're one of the more normal ones out there, you'd have actually been perplexed, and probably took some time out to ponder upon the meaning (or lack thereof) of that word. It's such a phenomenally inane word that I'm close to ripping my hair off every single time I stumble upon people using it.

Can someone please tell me the BLOODY meaning of that word? Because till now I can only have a vague idea of what it actually means. And not to mention try to fathom why on the blue moon would people actually use such a mammothly act-cutish word in their blog. Maybe it's just me being over-sensitive to tard-ishness. I mean I'm perfectly fine with terms coined by the blogging community. Blogosphere, blogicide, Browned, Tomorrowed, Xiaxue-ed, whatever... but this word's so absurdly lame it brings out goosebumps whenever I come across it.

****

Does anybody think that Harry Potter is overrated? Because I sure do. I mean I sure loved the movie because it was pure visual delight, with the grand sets and impeccably done special effects. But the book's way too boring for me. It does nothing for me at all. Perhaps I'm just cynical of the popularity of a book (largely) catered for young readers, perhaps the style doesn't suit me. Either way, I couldn't even get pass 20 pages of the first book. Imagine my shock when I heard the huge queue that formed outside Borders on the day of the Harry Potter book launch. Singaporeans, so typical and predictable. Queueing is perpetually their favourite activity.

****

Fame comes with a price. Cliched but bloody true. Look at Xiaxue. Her blog account just got hacked into and now she has to restart her whole blog over again. I say hate makes the world go round, not money or love. Is she really that annoying till the extent that she could actually provoke such an malicious attack on her? I say, no. I don't particularly like her, but this kind of attack on her certainly seems too harsh.

Do I still want to be famous? Hell yeah.

don't give up on the book just yet - behind the kiddish cover lies a really good story plot. :)

Post a Comment

About The Blog

Listed!

  • globe_blogs
  • Blogwise - blog directory
  • Blogarama - The Blogs Directory

Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates