« Home | A School of Rock is much needed » | Blogosphere and The Real Life » | The Gentang* (Part 1) » | Yeah Baby! » | Tags » | Look who does surveys too? » | A lesson on Judgment » | What's in Your mailbox! » | Touched » | Which Singaporean Blogger Are You? » 

Thursday, July 07, 2005 

A New Beginning

I just had a chat with a good friend of mine over MSN. At some point of our conversation, I realized he had told me everything I knew about my blog and my blog persona, and yet those things were precisely the things I didn't want to hear, though I knew it was true.


I started out this blog with lofty ambitions and noble goals; me and my pathetic ideals of wanting to influence people or impact people and blablablablabla. Truth is, that's easier said than done.


I wanted to write because I thought it was Cathartic; by articulating my innermost thoughts and penning down my frustrations, I could be liberated from those pesky emotional shackles. But along the way, I became yet another readers-whore and decided to write for others instead of showing genuine fragments of my self. Obviously, writing for others isn't exactly a very liberating experience, though the thrill of making a connection still provides an adrenaline rush.


I think there comes a time when change is good. I can't go on this whole blogging business without taking a breather. No, I'm not giving up on this blog, I'm just taking a break-- for self preservation, that is. I need to reflect; I need to find myself again. I'll probably be starting another blog, one where I can show snippets of genuine emotion and vulnerability, where I can escape the judgmental eyes of most. One that can also serves as a journal of a spiritual walk, like Marilyn's blog .


I won't be giving up this blog just yet, but I'll be taking a break. In the mean time, I'll pass the reins of the blog over to Mr Moron and let him entertain you.


I've got many skeletons in my closet, some waiting to come out; but in another place, most definitely.

About The Blog

Listed!

  • globe_blogs
  • Blogwise - blog directory
  • Blogarama - The Blogs Directory

Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates