« Home | Same old crap on the newspapers » | Blogi-der » | A New Beginning » | A New Beginning » | A School of Rock is much needed » | Blogosphere and The Real Life » | The Gentang* (Part 1) » | Yeah Baby! » | Tags » | Look who does surveys too? » 

Tuesday, July 19, 2005 

White-Wash

Yes, you're at the right blog, in case the bright white background shocked you. I know I'm changing blogskins even faster than the rate at which J.Lo changes husbands, but I'm fickle-minded for one, and also came to a sudden realization that a black background did not suit me at all. It's time to move on to a white background then. I'm sure many of you wouldn't mind: it's far less straining on the eyes.

I guess it's a case of how I feel even my blog layout reflects my personality ( or at least online persona, to be more accurate). At one point of time I believed a black background would be more appropriate in conveying a "I-don't-give-a-damn-about-anything-in-the-world" vibe but now I feel I'm shifting away from that kind of persona. Angst and cynicism is no longer the predominant aspects of my posts anymore, are they?

Ah, the simplicity of white; really lets the words speak for themselves. No mask to hide under, no skin to crawl beneath.

****

I guess I'm beginning to take blogging more seriously now. I've always loved reading, and writing even more so. Writing on such a pervasive medium like the internet is great, simply because it's a great avenue to garner a sizeable readership quickly. You know more and more people are taking blogging seriously when over 400 people turned up for the Blog Con, organised by the Tomorrow editors.

The general consensus among bloggers was that it was a hoot, though certain journalists called it a big yawn. I do not really want to go in depth in discussing about it here, since almost every other blogger in Singapore is already doing that. But I'll just leave you with a quote by MercerMachine, who says in response to the journalists' opinion:

In any case, I wasn’t aware that the convention was organized for the express purpose of amusing SPH reporters. I must have missed that memo.

Well said, dude!

****

for those absolute idiots on trackbacks and technorati and all that weird blogging mumbo jumbo like me (thanks Marilyn for helping me with all that crap), you can check out Tym's brief and concise tutorial on trackbacks and technorati.

About The Blog

Listed!

  • globe_blogs
  • Blogwise - blog directory
  • Blogarama - The Blogs Directory

Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates