« Home | Funny Conversations I hear on the Bus » | Fatboy Slim makes for Great Saturday Late night li... » | One- Nil » | BAD BLOGGER NAMES! » | I Hate Dumb Movies » | My Little Willy » | Happy Belated Bday, Singapore, LAH. I use Singlish... » | Hold Your Breath when You Enter the Toilets. » | Please allow me to be a wonky juvenile for 1 day. » | We'll never be Wonky again » 

Tuesday, August 30, 2005 

The Return of Disjointed Posts and A Stunning Revelation

Be patient, my dear readers. It's been obvious I've been getting a little lazy the past couple of days, not being in the right frame of mind to post coherent, complete posts on this blog. Disjointed posts are back for now, just some random balderdash to keep you guys who take the effort to visit this blog entertained.

By the way, I feel it's time to admit that Mr Moron and The Rogue Slayer (Raymond) are actually one and the same person.

Now, I know it's pretty stunning to some who've actually followed this blog for a loooong time, considering that Raymond and I seem to bear little similarity to each other at all. Actually it's not that stunning, as I'd explain later, but for now I have to apologise to all who may actually be offended by this truth, or feel that I've been in any way being insincere and fake and all. Also, I have to state again clearly that I am not schizophrenic!. Nor do I have bipolar disorders or anything of that sort.

The main reason why I actually created a brand new (fictional) character was because I felt inhibited. There were constraints imposed upon me on what to write. When I wrote stuff that were more angsty and negative in nature, I'd get some self righteous zealots (often Christian) giving me stick. When I wrote things that were more personal and preachy, or something that revolved around God, people often got bored to death. So I figured the best way around it was to create two bi-polar opposites on my blog and carve out their own style. (Admittedly, I post mostly as Mr moron here nowadays, I post on my other moniker on another blog).

Mr Moron may be a fictional persona, like the tons of others out there like Bubblemunche, (and Rockson likely being a fictional character too), but he's actually a facet of my personality. I can be at times be cynical and sarcastic, really caustic with my speech, though it's never my intention to hurt anyone's feelings. Still, i can get carried away sometimes and become downright mean. In order words, I just try to amplify certain genuine feelings I have and exaggerate them so that I have sufficient rants for Mr Moron to post up.

but it's becoming really draining on me to be alternating between two completely different personas, although I genuinely enjoy the diversity it allows me in blogging. And I like their different personalities as well. But it's really tough trying to compartmentalise certain feelings, and segregate them and allocate those feelings to different personas. It sucks to be a double minded man.

So from this day forth, I'll be posting back as The Rogue Slayer on this blog. comments wise, if I have been posting on your blog as Mr Moron all this while, I would naturally be sticking to that. Like for example, I feel more engaged with certain blogs when I put on my 'Mr Moron' persona. I don't go to Ms.B's blog or Intellectum Valde Amat with the mindset of a Christian zealot hoping to get some spiritual nourishment. I try to laugh with them, empathise and see things from their viewpoint, which isn't really hard actually.

Anyway I figured that, whether I post all my most sincere, genuine feelings on another blog or not is inconsequential. If people really want to find it, they would. And I think during this period when there's a whole lot of hoo-haa over blogging privacy, i realized that it doesn't matter where I blog out my innermost thoughts, it's still as accessible as any other blog in the planet.

Also I kind of got an epiphany while reading ms.b's blog awhile back. She made a stunning statement (albeit a very simple, earnest one) that kind of shook me up a little.
She said:

It feels good to be loved or at least appreciated.....Sometimes I think all people need is a little kindness. I don't know if it works for the rest of you, but a little kindness does a lot for my mental state.

If anyone of you here follows her blog, when was the last time she actually said something like that? I would never in a million years expect her to write something like that on her blog (even if she really does feel that way) considering the tough, cynical girl reputation she has garnered for herself. But she did! 2 whole sentences dedicated to love and kindness.

Which led me to wonder: No point being ashamed of penning down my poignant thoughts or ethereal elucidations. Just be myself, lah!

Hope you guys aren't shocked Raymond and I are the same person (GEEZ I love talking about myself in the 3rd person!). I think some of you saw that coming!

About The Blog

Listed!

  • globe_blogs
  • Blogwise - blog directory
  • Blogarama - The Blogs Directory

Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates