« Home | Your mother is so fat, that when she jumps, she wi... » | madly, truly, deeply » | I'm a Geek and Proud Of It » | Do You Have a Long Middle Leg? » | To forgive is to Forget. » | Why I Sometimes Prefer to just Shut Up » | Because Escape is Not an Option » | Audio Blog? » | "Piracy is not killing music- stupidity is!" » | GOAL! and buy the VCD instead.... » 

Thursday, November 17, 2005 

Lazy

I've to put blogging related activities on hold for the time being because

1) I'm reading blogs so much that the moment I reach home, I switch on my computer, even before stripping off my socks and dumping them into the laundry basket.

2) I'm consciously thinking of ideas for blog posts wherever I go, and my mind generates exaggerated scenarios based on mildly unusual happenings around me.

3) I've got almost 4 books demanding my attention, with a 5th book ( a collection of local plays, ordered from Popagandhi coming my way.)

4) blog surfing may be a new addiction of mine. Not unlike the other variations and forms of addictions, blog surfing is potentially unhealthy and hazardous too.

5) No one's going to whip up a "GET BACK QUICK SOON" banner for me, or even put it down in my comments, much unlike Xiaxue's loyal legions of largely adolescent readers.

6) There will be no mourning of my quick passing and brief hiatus, so it'll be easier for me to go on break. No more blogging from sheer obligation to gratify readers.

And so, here's what I've resolved to start doing in the next 1 week of blogging break:

1) Catch Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire.

2) Finish the books I've set out to read. I've reading a book, Behind The Moon, by a Chinese author. Following that, I'll proceed to complete Memoirs of A Geisha and The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe.

Do not say I'm only reading those for the sake of reading because their movie adaptations are coming out. I've finished the entire Chronicles of Narnia in Primary school, mind you. I've also read part of Memoirs of a Geisha way before news of it being adapted into a screenplay was proliferated around the world. But I was doing my GCE 'A' levels back then, and had simply no time to complete it.

3) Sign up for Electone classes again.

4) Brush up on my hokkien and Cantonese for the sake of easy communication with the elderly! For those not in the know, I'm actually a volunteer under a social services assocation and I visit some poor elderly in a district every week.

for a gentang like me, communication with these elderly is a bitch. not because it bores me talking to them - I genuinely love every one of them and its that love that keeps me going - but its almost impossible to engage in something even remotely close to a meaningful conversation if my knowledge of hokkien is so limited.

5) Finish watching my Angel season 5 DVDs!

All right peeps, wish me luck so that I can set out to complete these tasks!

exaggerated scenarios? so...is Mr.Moron and The Rogue Slayer really sharing the same body?;)

tsk tsk ray, yes, please brush up your hokkien so we don't have to give you tuition after service every sunday. =)

*hugs*

hey..

you will be missed but yes, go for your break as i am a firm believer and practitioner of the philosophy, 休息是为了走更长远的路..

whatever it is, remember that you have come so far.. you will thus go further.

1. I turn my computer on and check e-mail first thing when I get home. What does this mean?

2. _Memoirs of a Geisha_ is not worth the time.

3. Neither is Angel. Spike, on the other hand... why did they never make a show just about him? Oh, right, 'cause then he couldn't have been on Buffy and saved it from being as lame as Angel.

I tend to get up blog hopping sometimes that I have no time to blog too.

good luck!!!

Come back soon...

Thanks for dropping by...

Ah yes. Get back soon.

thanks all you guys for your support!

Post a Comment

About The Blog

Listed!

  • globe_blogs
  • Blogwise - blog directory
  • Blogarama - The Blogs Directory

Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates