« Home | I'm a Geek and Proud Of It » | Do You Have a Long Middle Leg? » | To forgive is to Forget. » | Why I Sometimes Prefer to just Shut Up » | Because Escape is Not an Option » | Audio Blog? » | "Piracy is not killing music- stupidity is!" » | GOAL! and buy the VCD instead.... » | Did I See You In A Limousine, Fling Out The Fish a... » | HTML Nut » 

Sunday, November 13, 2005 

madly, truly, deeply



I can honestly say that I am madly, truly, deeply obsessed with Jessica alba.

Did you guys see Her Royal Yumminess on the Tiger Beer advertisement? The splendificlous glorificous (sorry about the absurd words, her countenance has a spellbindingly strong effect on me such that one loses the ability for proper spelling) beauty on the advertisement for a local beer!! We Singaporeans DO have hope!

she looks so hot inside it. Then again, she looks hot anywhere.

***

Sorry about not leaving comments on you guys' blogs for such a long time. My internet connection was down this past week, so any blog-related activity was confined to pathetically short periods of usage on internet terminals. I still read your blogs but right now, I'm way too lazy to post comments. Give me some time before I rouse myself from my perpetual jessica-alba-fantasizing induced lull.

***

This past week I finally bumped into someone I actually wanted to meet -- my primary school teacher Miss Lam! She taught me for 4 consecutive years from Primary 3 - Primary 6. Strict as she was, she was one figure of authority whom I dearly loved and respected although at times I thought her to be the queen bitch of the universe overly harsh disciplinarian.

I saw her from afar; called out her name, my little yell rising above the cacophony of conversation swirling in a maelstrom of noise, and she responded with a surprised reply.

"Raymond?"

My my. It's certainly shocking to know that a teacher you've not seen in almost 8 years remembers your name so clearly. I in my confounded state just asked her: "you remember me?"

Turns out I was one of only two pairs of twins she's ever thought, thus the vivid memories. Guess being a twin does have its perks after all. And perhaps the mischief and trouble we've wreaked in class might have helped in reinforcing our impressions upon her life.

We chatted, and caught up, and I was pleasantly refreshed to have a conversation from someone from my past. blast from the past, but a pleasant one, you might say. I hope she's proud of my brother and I for making it to the university. After all, after all these years, she's still the teacher I so dearly respect.

It's one of those rare days, when lady lucky's a friend, and people who've left footprints in your heart comes back to leave more profound imprints in your life, when ,for once, you're meeting someone you're not inclined to instinctively avoid, but to simply talk and share, while time freezes still all around you.

You have a TWIN?! I didn't even know you had a brother! Have you ever mentioned him here, or am I just blind? :D

I still laugh silently to myself when I remember myself trooping into a screening for "Into The Blue" one quiet Sunday afternoon, despite having read a dozen lousy reviews about the show before. ;)

She's doing ads for Tiget Beer? Man, she's heading down the "A Lian" alley ...

gah. primary school teachers, they messed up my brains, that's what they did. XD

btw, link is up! and i've updated phreaque-art. :P

Sorry guys I've been meaning to update but was a little tired lately.

laughingcow: yes! haha I do have a twin. I mentioned him here before but on very rare occasions, so it's ok if you missed those posts :D

aBoY: she's hot isn't it!

lynne: NOOOOO. She's still waaay glam and hot.

ag: I loved my primary school life a lot actually.

Post a Comment

About The Blog

Listed!

  • globe_blogs
  • Blogwise - blog directory
  • Blogarama - The Blogs Directory

Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates