« Home | If you've got it, flaunt it. If you've not got it,... » | I would say No. » | All Play And No Work Makes One a Happy Man » | A Test of Patience » | Ca-SIN-No Controversy » | Musings » | Something weird happened. Perhaps I got so traumat... » | BEEZEE » | Idol days » | Struck by Cupid » 

Monday, April 25, 2005 

Sentosa -- Island life, I like!

This is a friend's only post. If you are a regular reader but aren't a friend of mine, you can probably skip this post because you wouldn't really want to read it.

All right. Yesterday was the Sentosa outing my church friends and I had anticipated for so long.

Had to take cab down to Sentosa AGAIN because I was late again as usual in meeting Jiajin. The taxi fare cost almost 10 bucks.

Spent 12 bucks renting the double canoe with jiajin for 1 miserable hour and I treated him to it. Later we realized that if we bought the package we had to just pay 5 dollars each provided there was a certain amount of people. And with the package we could sue the kayaks unlimited times, albeit only confined to 30 mins every time. In the end I ended up buying the package too, and treated a friend to his share. Another 10 bucks.

When they say 30 mins, it's just because those guys who own the kayaking shop are very kiasu. We used for more than an hour before those guys came to chase us.

I am broke. *wails*

It was nice playing beach soccer. Though my soccer sux, it was still nice playing with them. I was thick skin enough to move two mini goal posts to the place we were playing soccer at, without which nearby person was using it.

Couldn't play captains ball or volleyball or even FRISBEE with the females in my cell. :D The 2 leaders were really squeally! Oh man. My ears almost went deaf from their incessant screamings. Haha.

Sharon, Huitian and Shelia suntanned for almost 3 hours but didn't get much of a tan, unfortunately. Jieyong and I got tanned, or rather sunburnt, rather badly, even though we didn't really have the intention to get tanned, but we were just having fun. Proves the point that when you try hard to find for soemthing, you often dont end up with it. But when you aren't desperately seeking for it, it just comes your way.

Kayaking with the guys was fun. Although I was initially rather sad to kayak the single kayak because it meant I would be alone, it turned out to be really good. The single kayak was easy to control and manoeuvre. The kayaking session turned out to be a really fun capsizing session. We capsized and splashed water at each other on purpose, and it just made the whole experience so fun and cool.

Oh, I realized I like playing volleyball ( unfortunately with a netball, those guys know why) but I need a shifu to come and teach me! Any takers? You'll get rewarded handsomely!

Special thanks to Cass for being so motherly as to take care of all our belongings and buying all the food! You are DA BOMB. And Cheese Dale Chang Zhia How. You rock too coz you organised the outing but unfortunately couldn't go, and thanks to your mom for the potato salad! And yes, your efforts are appreciated. Small Sharon and Huishi, though you didn't really do much there, but thanks for your presence and for helping us take care of our belongings. And thanks to the guys for all the fun! Coolness!

Sunburnt and my arms and legs are aching now. Where is the Aloe Vera when I need it?

About The Blog

Listed!

  • globe_blogs
  • Blogwise - blog directory
  • Blogarama - The Blogs Directory

Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates