« Home | What's in Your mailbox! » | Touched » | Which Singaporean Blogger Are You? » | An Excerpt: Alexander Pope, Eloisa to Abelard » | &*#$ off you DAMN prick! » | My Life's in Good Hands » | Blogging Nausea » | TV is stale » | Queen of Comedy » | fresh off the dashboard... » 

Wednesday, June 22, 2005 

A lesson on Judgment

FrO recently in his post commented about how he visited Singapore Atheist and he spotted links to a multitude of different fundamentalist websites. Godhatesfags, Godhatesamerica, Godhatescanada and what have you. Seriously, when I read that article, I was lost beyond words because I was so disgusted how people could actually be saying God hates these various group of people/nations. Somehow I believe those websites are put up by Atheists with nothing better to do than to mislead people, but I could be wrong. If I am, well, then I am extremely disgusted by those Christians who actually put up such crap. I mean, why are these people harping such absolute bollocks? Isn't it obvious God loves all?

But then, I rationalize, we Christians are the ones that force push people into skepticism. Most are cynical of God and His existence partly because we Christians have turned God into some fierce, sulky, angry entity. Using God to and the bible to justify their flagrant prejudices and biases is wrong, and detestable. God never said He hated fags; sure, homosexuality is against biblical rules, but He doesn't hate them. He loves them too! Well, Jesus made friends with the thieves, murderers and prostitues in the bible too didn't he?

I quote from Charisma magazine:

"If God's people are not equipped to give homosexuals the special kind of love they need in order to heal the wounds of their past and move into heterosexuality, then we haev no right to oppose them politcally.

No one has any business reading a signle book about how to oppose homosexuals politically until they've read a book on how to love them personally."


That's so true isn't it? Instead of preaching love, these goons turn a gospel of love into a message of hate. No prizes for guessing why there's such a plethora of anti-Christs/militant Atheists out there. (I am not conflating anti-Christs with staunch Atheists)

I'm not saying we should endorse the homosexual lifestyle. You see, the difference between moderates and fundies is how they deal with sin, not what they view as sin. Moderates just go "homosexuality is wrong", fundies go all out to destroy gays.

*****

Some time ago, my pastor was preaching about being a conversionist. Converting/restoring something to its original purpose. We are man have not lost our creativity/productivity obviously, despite Adam's fall, though the things that we do with our creativity has been tainted by our corrupted nature.


Hence, sex and drugs being replete on TV programmes. Not to mention all the negative messages TV shows send out nowadays: esp shows like Friends, The OC etc where everyone's sleeping with everyone. (OK! I admit I still do watch them, but that's not the point.). And yes, Hollywood is pretty much Satan's stronghold in many ways. Many people also say, "the devil has all the good music".

Anyway my pastor was speaking to this 'prayer-warrior', (I think someone whose job is just to pray ... like a warrior? don't ask me) and he was just asking her about what she was going to do about Hollywood. What this crazed woman replied was, she was praying for God to rain down hellfire and brimstone upon Hollywood because it was a dark, worldly place. Give me a break! To that, my pastor could only think in his heart :"man, this woman is one spiritual terrorist". She was not sending a bus full of bombs to crash into Hollywood, she was asking God to do it! Talk about lunatics.

Let's not distort the gospel of love into some manual of hatred. And yes, please learn to be a little less judgmental guys. Before God judges you for your crazy fundamentalism.

About The Blog

Listed!

  • globe_blogs
  • Blogwise - blog directory
  • Blogarama - The Blogs Directory

Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates