« Home | The One About My Movie Experience » | Get to know me better! » | Life sucks when » | Links that get me all excitable » | How I react to hate. » | The Paradox that is Blogging. » | The Return of Disjointed Posts and A Stunning Reve... » | Funny Conversations I hear on the Bus » | Fatboy Slim makes for Great Saturday Late night li... » | One- Nil » 

Wednesday, September 21, 2005 

Keep Your Lousy Comments To Yourselves, Kids

Today I was reading the mrbrown's entry, a literary meme inspired by Mercermachine which I intend to follow suit and write my own version too. His post was deeply poignant and a delightful read, one of his better ones recently.

Today's post is not so much fawning over the post and kissing his butt, hoping my sycophantic endeavours will earn him some notice and perhaps bring publicity to my blog. Today I have to go into detail about one thing that irks me: sucky comments.

When I was reading his post, I admit I was touched. A teensy little bit moved by its poignancy. And to pay him a really high compliment, it left a sweet aftertaste in my mind, something that doesn't happen easily. All that positivity and delight gleaned from the reading of that post soon dissipated once I read the comments section of his blog.

seriously, I can't stand lousy comments. I can understand why new bloggers would hurry to leave comments on every single blog they visit because initially when I was dying to garner readers, that was exactly what I did. But as one grows more acclimatized to the whole blogging environment, I guess that sort of attention whoring behaviour just naturally lost its grip on me. yet even when I was leaving comments, I would never ever write down the exact same stuff and blindly reiterating what a kazillion other commentors has said before you.

Yes, on that very comments section of mrbrown's post, there were dozens of people collectively kissing mrbrown's butt. I mean, it was good and all, but after the first dozen extravagant praises, I would be guessing people would stop being blind sheep and blindly copy-pasting other people's comments. Like for example "so sweet. I teared." or "you make me want to cry" or "this is such a moving piece"... blablablabla!

*rolls eyes*

Give me a break! If you really like it so much, go write him an email, and spare me the sight of those ghastly intellectually-challenged comments. if you find it so amazing, write him an email, and tell him about how it touched you blablabla and how it impacted you and how you related to it. I've written emails to some bloggers too, to tell them how I loved their blogs, how I like their writing or how I find them really amusing etc. I think it speaks a lot about one's individuality when all you can do is memorising the comments of others and blindly transposing of it. Regurgitated shit is worse than pure shit. to top it off, there were 62 comments of the similar vein.

*rolls eyes*

Thankfully, some of them were more unique. Really, if you know that a post is so good you had to post some praises on the person's comments section, at least try some creativity and be a little more unique in constructing your comments. Don't fabricate lies and post drama-mama stuff like how you cried your hearts out and all that nonsense. If you think its good, try to praise in a witty manner. You don't have to cry to post for it to be touching. If a piece of art/writing had to make someone literally cry before it can be labelled touching and poignant and powerful, then I can jolly well say most of the books I read(save for some) are terribly, inaptly written without any panache or flair. Honestly, do any of you guys actually believe that all the commentors who said they cried to the post actually did cry?

*rolls eyes*

Oh, and I absolutely hate irrational, fanatical behaviour. If you actually read Rockson's blog, you will know what I mean. Every single post garners comments in the hundreds from dozens and dozens of groupies, of both genders. (though the sexuality of the male groupies/rabid fans can be rather questionable.) Ok fine, he's has his charm in his online persona, he writes in his famous in-your-face, no holds barred style, and the ah bengs and ah lians fawn over him like they worship the ground he blogs on (anyone else comes to mind? hmmm).

Yes he's funny, I admit to reading him and occasionally enjoying his posts too, but silly comments always drive me sick. The ah lian and ah bengs and other miscellaneous types (belonging to the minority of his readers, of course) post such disastrously revolting comments that I am tempted to hack* into his account and delete them all off. And judging by the types of comments they post up, most of them have a vocabulary that leaves little to be desired.

the worst are the crazy whackos who professed their undying support for Rockson by wanting to beat up some guy who actually criticized a certain magazine for recommending his blog, which is littered by vulgarities. Expletives are rampant on his blog, and if you can come across a blog post without an expletive in any given paragraph, inform all your friends to buy the lottery on that day. so they haunted and tortured that poor chap who was speaking his mind in a proper manner, trying to maintain some form of civility. Instead of resorting to coherent arguments to defend their online idol, they resort to repulsive boarish behaviour to get back at their perceived enemy.

*rolls eyes*

Good heavens. I think my eyeballs are going to pop from all that eye rolling.

Someone.Please.kill.Me. Having my mind traumatised over all some of these horrible comments is really driving me nuts.

Well, at the very least, these bloggers are smart enough not to buy their readers' patronising behaviour. that is evident because they don't indulge them buy replying to every single comment. Although seriously, If I was them, I would be a little nastier to correct some of their rather apprehensible behaviour, by replying in harsh words. Even the local blogging princess (though I am loathe to call her this) recently made the smart move by deciding not to reply to any comments.

Knowing that the government actually monitors blogs rather diligently, let's hope they will read this post, get convinced by my absolutely genius opinions, and start to flush out whacko commentors.

***

Oh yeah, and although I've never gotten more than 20 comments on a single post before, I thank God that my readers are generally an opinionated bunch.

***

*(when I said hack into their accounts earlier on, I was by no means serious. That would be an absolutely childish and repulsive act of hatred. I have to make clear that I am joking. Hence, I am now immune, or exempt from any potential haters wanting to charge me for advocating hacking. Government cannot charge me under some Malicious Act(I came up with this).

And last I checked, there were no seditious comments of any kind.)

About The Blog

Listed!

  • globe_blogs
  • Blogwise - blog directory
  • Blogarama - The Blogs Directory

Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates