« Home | Changing The World » | Keep Your Lousy Comments To Yourselves, Kids » | The One About My Movie Experience » | Get to know me better! » | Life sucks when » | Links that get me all excitable » | How I react to hate. » | The Paradox that is Blogging. » | The Return of Disjointed Posts and A Stunning Reve... » | Funny Conversations I hear on the Bus » 

Friday, September 30, 2005 

The Special Moments

I've recently heard of a secondary school acquaintance who got pregnant last year, and subsequently got married. When her child was born, she was only 19. But she had always been a wild child, and in secondary school revelled in her identity was resident ah-lian, so I guess her bearing a child and getting married at her tender age didn't really raise any alarm, though it might cause some eye brows to furrow, especially for those self-righteous, kaypo auntie types.

Anyhow, as of last year, being pregnant and bearing children has pretty much been the national trend. The local celebrities were all trying to jump on the parenthood bandwagon and coaxing their love ones to give them the good lovin', with the hopes of creating new life.

Now, I never really wanted to have children, not because I can't take care of them (I believe I would be able to, given some time), but because it's almost as if you just lose you being yourself once you have children. It's all about the kids kids and kids.

I think the most scary thing is that, while watching your new product struggling to catch his first breath, when you are overwhelmed by morbid paranoia and start thinking about death. Thinking about how your child is going to die eventually. It's silly to some, but sometimes I place myself in that kind of situation mentally and try to see how i'll deal with it emotionally.

Essentially, the moment all we human are born, I guess we're already starting on the long, winding, tumultuous road towards death. For the optimistic, that long, meandering road may be littered with flowers and roses; some will have it good in life. But for the less cheerful in disposition, nothing that happens in life really disguises the ultimate fact that they're on the slow but inexorable march towards death.

As a Christian, death is nothing I guess. You think about it, sometimes you don't want to think about it, but ultimately it doesn't scare you as much anymore. You're not afraid not because you're so macho and think death is but just death, not really upsetting at all. You're not afraid because you know physical death is but a mere formality; we're already living out our eternal lives now, and eventually we'll be living with glorified bodies.

Anyway, putting on a normal-man, secular mindset, I try to see myself as an Atheistic man witnessing the birth of his child. The finiteness of it all just really hits you hard the moment you see him catching his first breath. You're minded that there'll be a day that comes where he'll breath his life. Perhaps, you'll never be able to see it, and hopefully not, because it'll be too tragic for for any parent to witness their child's death. But I'm can be a rather morbid person, rather ironically because I'm a Christian, and putting myself in such a situation, I can't help but feel the shortness and finite-ness of life.

Yet, don't you think it's the finite-ness and shortness and fleetingness of everything good that makes certain moments shine? It's like, everything is so short, you just start to treasure special moments when you're with your Significant other, your family members, and your best friends...and when you're with them sometimes, the world seems to grind to a halt and all else seems blurry, and in that special moment, all worries and pain seem to fly out of the window.

EVen for one who believes in eternal life, I've learnt to treasure those moments. Because I've certainly not had many of them; too few, in fact.

About The Blog

Listed!

  • globe_blogs
  • Blogwise - blog directory
  • Blogarama - The Blogs Directory

Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates